The Smart Skills Builder ICT series provides engaging projects to help students develop and apply ICT skills at Key Stage 3.
The series is available in three formats:
- Book-based resources
- Digital Skills Packs (for use on a PC/shared network)
- VLE Packs (for use on a VLE)
The learning content across the three formats is the same and includes:
- Creative units of work that provide between 5–12 lessons that deliver a project or theme
- End-of-unit assessment activities that apply the ICT skills developed throughout the unit
An overview of the content of the Smart Skills Builder ICT series
This series provides everything you need to deliver effective lessons including:
- Clear, detailed lesson plans
- Ready-to-use resources to support all student activities
- End-of-unit assessment tasks
- Model answers to support levelling and assessment
- Clear criteria for evaluating student progress
- Mapping to APP, Learning Objectives, PLTS, and Functional Skills
Book-based (1st Edition)
Book-based (2nd Edition)
How to order through this website
Simply browse through the available products, adding any items that you require to your shopping basket. Once your basket contains all the items you require, your order can be placed in a variety of ways depending on your location.
Proceed to the checkout and choose from the following payment options:
- On account (an invoice to your school)
- Credit or debit card
If ordering on account you will receive an invoice with the goods.
Individual customers in the UK
Proceed to the checkout and pay with a credit or debit card.
Schools or individuals from outside the UK
We cannot take payment online for overseas orders. This includes orders that will be sent via a UK shipper.
If you are an overseas customer you can add items to the shopping basket and submit this order to our customer service team at the checkout. Our customer service team will then contact you by email to confirm shipping costs and arrange for payment.
Enquiries and orders by telephone, fax or email
Our friendly customer service team is available to take orders by post, telephone, fax or email – whichever method suits you. For further details, please see our How to order section.
Approval service for UK schools
The following Smart Skills Builder ICT resources can be ordered on approval by UK Schools:
- Student’s Books
- Teacher’s Books (paper versions)
- Resource CD-ROMs
- Digital Skills Packs (maximum of 3 titles)
- Individual VLE Packs (maximum of 3 titles)
The following titles CANNOT be ordered on approval:
- Editable Teacher’s Books
- Key Stage 3 ICT Bundle (VLE Pack)
- Y7 ICT VLE Pack
- Y8 ICT VLE Pack
- Y9 ICT VLE Pack
Any items ordered 'on approval' will be invoiced when the goods are dispatched. However, the approval invoice only needs to be paid if you decide to keep the goods.
If a product is not suitable for your school, simply return the item to us in its original condition within 30 days of receipt. Please note that schools are responsible for paying the return postage cost.
Approval service terms and conditions
The following products in this series include a site licence in the price:
- VLE Packs
- Digital Skills Packs
You will need to choose the site licence option that covers the total number of students that will be accessing the product content via your VLE or network.
The site licence options are:
- Up to 99 users
- 100+ users
Site licences for the Smart Skills Builder ICT series are permanent and do not need to be renewed.
Special offers for the Smart Skills Builder ICT series
- Order 30 Student's Books (1 title) and SAVE 20%
- Order 50 Student's Books (1 title) and SAVE 40% and get the accompanying Teacher's Book for FREE
- Order 80 Student's Books (1 title) and SAVE 50% and get the accompanying Teacher's Book for FREE, plus the accompanying Resource CD-ROM at HALF PRICE
Digital Skills Packs
- Order 2 Digital Skills Packs and get a 3rd Pack for FREE (Discount applied to the lowest priced Pack)
- Order 2 VLE Packs* and get a 3rd Pack for FREE (Discount applied to the lowest priced Pack)
Terms and conditions
Offers are only available to UK customers on orders placed through the website. If you are an international customer, please contact us for further details.
All offers expire on 22 July 2016.
*The VLE Packs special offer does not apply to the Year Group Packs for Y7, Y8 and Y9 or Key Stage 3 Bundle.